To following Job Opportunities are available at Netball Alberta. We thank all applicants for submitting an application to any position at Netball Alberta, but please be aware that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Netball Alberta (see www.netballalberta.com) located at Southland Leisure Centre, 2000 Southland Dr SW, Calgary, AB T2V 4S4, has a position for a full time and permanent Head Coach for our provincial and regional teams. The expected working hours will be at least 30 hours per week and will include evenings and weekends. The Head Coach must enhance the performance of Netball Alberta during the annual national championships and selection of Netball Alberta’s athletes into Canadian national netball teams.
The duties will be as follows:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of netball players and provincial teams
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions for netball teams
- Nurture and develop skills and abilities of senior netball players
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs for regional netball teams across Alberta and the provincial teams
- Motivate and prepare netball players and teams for provincial and national competitions, developing annual plans to improve player performance
- Analyze and evaluate athletes' or teams' performances and modify training programs
- Formulate competitive strategy, develop game plans and direct athletes during netball games or athletic events
- Perform duties in conjunction with Netball Alberta’s Coaching Director (board member) to develop regional coaches
- Perform duties under direction of Netball Alberta’s Umpiring Director (board member) to develop regional umpires
- Perform duties in conjunction with Netball Alberta’s Development Officer to develop and implement and high school and university netball programs (part of elite talent identification)
- Instruction of netball within school or education setting
- Qualification as netball coach (from any jurisdiction)
- Qualification as a netball umpire (from any jurisdiction)
- Experience as a netball selector at a senior level
- Previous experience as a netball coach at provincial or national level (preferably experience within the Canadian netball system)
- Experience in teaching netball to children in primary schools, high schools and adult netball clubs (entry level to advanced level)
- Degree in Education
- CAD26 per hour
- 10 days annual leave
Please send your resume, copies of qualifications and 3 references to President Netball Alberta, PO Box 270, 7620 Elbow Dr. SW, Calgary, AB T2V 1K2
Please do not apply online, via e-mail or fax.