League Rule Updates
- There will be no taping for jewelry allowed, except for a wedding ring and medical bracelet(s). All piercings to be removed prior to taking to the court.
- Gloves are to be worn for medical conditions only. The gloves must be approved by the umpire prior to play and nails should be short underneath the gloves in line with those playing without gloves.
- If all team members are available/able, they must take the court before any substitute player is permitted to take the court.
- In the event that a team does not have seven registered team members available/able to take the court, a maximum of two substitute players are permitted on court at any time per game.
- More than two substitute players may sub for a team in one game, however there must not be more than two substitute players on court at any time (i.e Sub Player A plays a full game, but Sub Player B plays half a game and Sub Player C replaces Player B to play half a game, meaning that three subs have taken the court but only two subs were on court at a time).
- Any team that has more than two substitute players on court at one time per game will forfeit.
- In the event a team member arrives late after the game has commenced, and the team elects to start with a substitute player (instead of starting short a position), upon arrival the late player may only take the court at the next quarter time interval, or at an injury stoppage requiring a substitution (otherwise substitution cannot occur during a quarter).
- In the event a team member arrives late, and the team has elected to commence play short a position, the team member must check in with the umpire upon arrival and may take the court during the next break in play (i.e after a goal is scored). They must take the court in the vacant position (no changes to positions can occur mid quarter upon arrival of a late player).
- Senior B players may sub for Senior A, but Senior A players may not sub for Senior B.
- Any player is only permitted to play in a maximum of two games per night.
- A registered player assigned to a team can sub in a maximum of four games between September-December and four games between January-March.
- A casual player must be registered in SI Play and acknowledged by their league coordinator before subbing in the league. Casual players are able to sub in up to three games for each of the same periods mentioned above (September-December or January-March), for a drop-in fee of $10 per game. If they would like to play in more games than three games, they must pay a pro-rated registration fee for the remainder of the season.
- In the event that a substitute player only takes the court for a portion of the game (one quarter), it still counts towards having played one substitute game (maximum times are not devisable nor recorded by quarters).
- All substitute players must be recorded on the scoresheet. It is the responsibility of the substitute player to record their name, and the responsibility of team manager to ensure that any substitute players have been recorded.
- Substitution rules apply to round-robin and play-off games.
- A maximum of two males are allowed to play on the court for one team.
- When there are two men playing on the same team, they cannot both play in the same circle (i.e together as GS and GA; or together as GK and GD.
- Failure to provide score-keepers when required will result in your team having 5 points deducted per occurrence
Ensure all players take to the court with correct team uniform.
This includes plain white t-shirt and plain black bottoms (no prominent designs.words, stripes, patterns, colours, etc); or complete uniform as applicable for team. Attire must be appropriate sportswear.
Two goals will be forfeited for each player on your team that is not complying to the uniform rule.
Substitute player uniforms:
Exceptions to the forfeiting of points due to incorrect uniform will be made for substitute players, although it is preferable for substitute players to wear white t-shirts and black skirt/shorts when playing for another team (rather than their own team uniform/colours). Any player that has been pre-arranged to substitute for another team in advance is expected to wear white t-shirt and black skirt/shorts. It is also recommended that players carry a white t-shirt and black skirts/shorts in their gear bags in case you are asked to sub for another team unexpectedly.
Start of Play
- If there is not a minimum of five team members ready to take the court within two minutes of start of play, the opposing team will be awarded the game.
- Five players may include substitute players in accordance with the substitution rules.
Any questions regarding these rules can be directed to email@example.com