Umpires Code of Conduct
- Have a duty to exercise reasonable care and skill to enforce the rules of the game, to apply them fairly and to effect control of the game so as to ensure the safety of the players
- At all times, umpire consistently, independently, (an attitude of mind characterized by integrity), and with complete impartiality, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern the game, in the true spirit of sportsmanship
- Maintain a complete knowledge and up to date interpretation of the official rules of Netball, and to be fully conversant with the rules, regulations and scoring systems applicable to the event at which they are officiating
- Be smartly dressed and shall appear on court in clothing that will project and image of health, cleanliness and functional efficiency
- Remember they are the controllers of the game and their decisions should not be influenced by spectators, team officials or players
- Exercise self control at all times and not commit any action likely to bring ANA or the game of Netball into disrepute
- Ensure their high standards of umpiring competence, (defined in terms of quality of technical knowledge, understanding, practical skills and ability to apply these attributes in matches), are maintained by attending all ANA Umpiring Clinics and attempting to achieve their next Umpiring Level.
- Umpires will be liable to disciplinary action if they have committed any breach of this Code of Conduct or have failed to comply with any guidelines issued by ANA.